It Ain't Easy Being Green...

Follow me on Instagram to keep up with all my adventures!

Instagram



Tuesday, November 18, 2014

Siem Reap and Ankor Wat

After another long journey and border crossing (where I was referred to as "that one" and was the only one asked where I was from, because apparently only black people have ebola) we made it to Siem Reap.

Displaying IMG_20141024_141614.jpg
Offerings from the market.

Siem Reap is famous for Angkor Wat, and I was very much looking forward to exploring the ancient ruins. Rather than join a tour or have a Tuk Tuk drive us around, Zoe and I decided to bike around the numerous temples. This allowed us more flexibility and let us explore at our own pace. We set off around 630 in the morning and made it back to our hotel around 530.

Displaying IMG_20141025_094900.jpg
Peekaboo!

Displaying IMG_20141025_133237.jpg
Angkor

The temples were amazing up close. The manpower and detail that went into them is unbelievable. I haven't had the opportunity to visit Egypt yet to see the pyramids but I can't think of many other man-made structures as impressive, that have withstood the test of time.

Displaying IMG_20141025_111435.jpg
It may not look like it, but this was pretty high up, and by the time i got up I had an audience.

Displaying IMG_20141025_161036.jpg
One of many temples.

Apart from the temples there isn't much to do or see in Siem Reap so after recuperating from our day long exploration of the temples we decided to move on to the capital city, Phnom Penh.

Displaying IMG_20141025_152621.jpg
Not a real elephant, obviously.

No comments:

Post a Comment