It Ain't Easy Being Green...

Follow me on Instagram to keep up with all my adventures!

Instagram



Sunday, October 5, 2014

Something for your Amusement

Hey guys! Currently I'm in Cat Ba, an island in Northeast Vietnam. It's been great, easily my favorite part of Vietnam. Since I'm a bit behind on my blog, I'll detail my time here later. The real point of this post is to share the email I received from the hostel we are staying.

Mr. Zoom Backpackers Hostel in Cat Ba

In China there is a term referred to as "Chinglish," for badly translated or just plain nonsensical English. I don't know if there is a Vietnamese equivalent, but I'm going to go ahead and call it
"Vinglish."



Chinglish examples

The funny thing is the Vietnamese speak pretty decent English, and I've had no problems communicating with the owner of our hostel. Anyway, here is the email below....

Dear guests



Special thank for your booking in Mr Zoom backer hostel, the
believable accommodation for western tourist in Cat Ba island.

As your booking, we will save a perfect room for you, clean, tidy,
airy and friendly.

Now in Cat ba island, there are some guest houses put the same name
as: backpacker hostel, Cat Ba hostel, family hostel …ect;

Mr Zoom backpacker hostel has only one adress at Number 25, Nui Ngoc
street, Cat Ba town, Viet Nam, and  a mr Zoom restaurant at Cat Ba
street foot. Up now, we have not opened branches at anywhere else in
the town; don’t miss it, we are opposite main tourist habour, it is
easy to recognize and find; (50 metter from tourist habour; or from
Hoang Long bus station, just keep straight and turn left at fist
coner, up 40 metters then you will find it on the left hand).

The other things, when you arrive in the town, just leave the bus or
hydrofoil after long jouney, there are a group of motorbikes taxi,
porter, seller and hotel’s guide around you, they try to invite you
using their services and try to get your money as they as possible,
let’s watch out of them. Any way, the stranger hotel’s guide will
offer you a dust cheap price room, when you got it, the thing will be
happen, some force you to buy  tours around the bay and the island
with incredible price (so they got big commission at that), if not,
you have to leave the hotel in many reasons as: rooms is booked today,
or the hotel is preparing today……..

At mr zoom backer hostel you will never meet that situation.

So I just want to tell you some thing before you arrive the island, do
some attention to have a good time in Cat Ba island.

Greeting welcome.



Hope you enjoyed. I'm on a bus for 24 hours headed to Laos tomorrow. I'll try and bring my travels up to date in the next few days! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment