It Ain't Easy Being Green...

Follow me on Instagram to keep up with all my adventures!

Instagram



Thursday, October 2, 2014

Nha Trang

After taking in some museums it was off to Nha Trang for what was supposed to be some R&R. Nha Trang is a nice little beach town about 7 hours away, by train from HCMC. The train journey there gave us the opportunity to take in some spectacular views of the countryside.



Waiting to board the train


After arriving and settling in, Zoe and I did our normal routine of exploring the area and finding a bite a to eat. Nha Trang is somewhat touristy. Russians, in particular seemed to have taken a liking to the place. To get away from all of that we decided to rent a motorbike and set off for Ba Ho Falls. Ba Ho was a little off the beaten path, which made it a bit of a hassle to get to, but that's what we were looking for.

Ba Ho Falls

Me posing

After riding for about 30 minutes we made it, and it was beautiful. The best part is that we managed not to see anyone else until we were leaving. After leaving Ba Ho, we decided to go to the beach, do some swimming, and relax. We did did all of these things and left the beach feeling very happy and satisfied with our day. Unfortunately everything was about to go from sugar to shit.

On our way back to the hotel, a motorbike suddenly pulled out in front of us. I had two choices: run headfirst into it, or try and swerve. I chose the latter and we ended up falling on the left side. It looked a bit like this...


music video animated GIF

Bonus points for you if you can tell me what music video this is from.

It was a scary experience, but we emerged relatively unscathed from the whole ordeal. Zoe had a few cuts and bruises. I had the same, a bruised elbow, and mildly sprained my wrist. Still, it could have been a lot worse. The whole episode did compel me to purchase some travel insurance, which I had foolishly decided I didn't need.

   
Nursing our wounds...


1 comment:

  1. So glad you two are okay!!!!!! You made the right choice. Extremely glad you decided to purchase that insurance.

    I have no idea what video that is from......

    ReplyDelete